Milestones: Year 3
COMMUNICATION & EDUCATION
- Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia: Dr. Lorna Kennedy at the University of Manchester, UK.
We provide DNA and financial support.
- Hemangiosarcoma: Van Andel Research Institute in Michigan. We provide DNA.
This research is funded via an NIH/National Cancer Institute million dollar grant.
- Intervertebral Disc Disease: Drs. Mark Neff and Nick Duesbery at the Van Andel Research Institute.
The Foundation provides financial support and the CSCA DNA bank provides DNA.
- The Piper Fund: CSHF works with the Piper Fund to encourage
owners to have necropsies performed, and to share those results with researchers.
- CSHF maintains the PDP1 International Database for Clumber and Sussex spaniels.
- Periodic e-newsletter.
- Clumber Spaniel Health Foundation website.
- Health Speakers: CSHF supported Dr. Nick Duesbery's presentation at the St. Louis CSCA National,
where he spoke about the progress of the hemangiosarcoma research.
- Genes, Dogs and Cancer Associate sponsorship: In conjunction with the CSCA
and the AKC Canine Health Foundation.
- CSHF continues to maintain and grow the CSCA DNA bank. This vital resource currently contains
DNA from over 600 Clumbers, and is serving as a model for other breed clubs.
- Launched our first Annual Campaign: the response from dedicated Clumber owners to date has
already enabled us to make the initial $10,000 payment to purchase the Illumina SNP arrays
which will be used in the Intervertebral Disc Disease study.