The Clumber Spaniel Health Foundation, Inc., was formed to promote charitable, educational and research efforts related to the Clumber Spaniel and to support individuals and organizations involved in such projects with financial, and other types of support, to help them reach their goals for the benefit the breed. It aims at:
- furthering the understanding of the diseases, genetic anomalies and injuries which affect Clumber Spaniels in particular.
- supporting and promoting the study of and research on the character, uses, history, genetics, breeding and related characteristics which establish the Clumber Spaniel as a distinct breed of dog.
- developing tools that will generate data on the Clumber Spaniel, data which will be shared with researchers, veterinarians, breeders and owners in order to further scientific and clinical research, as well as improve clinical and home care.
- developing information and making it available to the general public, Clumber Spaniel breeders, veterinarians and other dog care/training professionals, exhibitors and owners. Developed information should include, but not be limited to, the proper care, treatment, breeding, health characteristics, physical development and appropriate behavioral training of Clumber Spaniels.
- supporting and promoting the study and practice of responsible breeding principles.
It goes without saying that while our approach may be targeted on Clumber Spaniels, other breeds, and even non pure-bred dogs, may also benefit from our activities.